GWEP Healthcare Education Series
Direct Connect Rapid Referral is a secure form that can be faxed or scanned to our office and will link individuals and families to the Alzheimer’s Association for education, caregiver support and customized action plans.
This free service offers your patients the benefit of confidential support and information necessary to successfully navigate the challenges inherent with memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Once received, the Alzheimer's Association will contact the referred individual within two business days and assist with immediate needs. The Association will continue to serve the client with future needs as they arise. If the client gives permission, we will fax an action report back to you.
For more information contact our 24/7 Helpline at 1.800.272.3900 or email@example.com
In 2015, The Alzheimer's Association- Greater Pa Chapter partnered with the University of Pittsburgh on a Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement project to develop and present a series of webinars for healthcare providers.
- The Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program aims to improve the quality of healthcare for older Americans by
- Changing clinical training environments into integrated geriatrics and primary care delivery systems.
- Training providers who can assess and address the needs of older adults and their families or caregivers at the individual, community, and population levels.
- Delivering community-based programs that will provide patients, families, and caregivers with the knowledge and skills to improve health outcomes and the quality of care for older adults.
“This geriatrics program allows health professions schools to identify the specific geriatrics education and training needs of their communities and develop programs that are responsive to those needs, resulting in more tailored care.” said Rebecca Spitzgo, Associate Administrator, HRSA Bureau of Health Workforce.
Below you will find archived versions and information about upcoming trainings in this series.
Clinical Updates in Dementia Webinar Series
Understanding the Risk and Protective Factors for Dementia
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
4:00 to 5:30 PM
Assessment of Dementia Through the Use of Evidence-Based Measures
Pharmacologic Interventions for Dementia Syndromes
Currently, more than 400,000 Pennsylvanians are estimated to have a dementia diagnosis.Care for these individuals requires empathy, skill and continuing education. Developed to help professional caregivers receive the education and support they need to succeed,our Healthcare Partnership* program provides organizations throughout the state with services that can help them better serve those with dementia. Benefits of this program include:
- Complementary staff in-services
- Reduced Annual Conference registration fees
- Educational Materials for staff and families
- Monthly Communications with updates and resources and more
We want to acknowledge and thank the organizations that have placed an emphasis on dementia care through their participation in this program. For a full list of participant click HERE.
For more information on how you can take part in this program, please contact us at 800.272.3900 or download the Healthcare Member Application.
* Participation does not imply endorsement