The day with the most light is the day we fight! On The Longest Day, the summer solstice, thousands of participants from across the world will come together to fight the darkness of Alzheimer’s through an activity of their choice.
The Longest Day is typically on June 21st, but the beauty of this event is that it is completely customizable to what YOU would like to do and when you'd like to do it! For example, a runner in Greenville ran a DIY marathon this spring on the Swamp Rabbit Trail to raise funds in honor of his mom.
So what do you love to do? Maybe you could host a BBQ on the solstice and invite your friends to make a donation. You could host a fishing tournament or kareoke host. Some participants like to set an endurance goal of miles to walk, bike or swim. Others like to bake family recipes and sell delicious items for donations.
Whatever activity you have in mind, you can put that passion to good work for The Longest Day. Want to chat about your idea? Email us at TLDsc@alz.org. We'd love to help you get started!
Join the fun today! It's easy to get started:
- Register your activity at alz.org/tld. There are lots of activity ideas to choose from!
- Customize your webpage with a personal photo or story.
- Consider making a self-donation toward your fundraising efforts to demonstrate your own support.
- Get social and launch a Facebook fundraiser. This is one of the most effective ways that you can raise funds! For step-by-step instructions to setup your Facebook fundraiser, click here to watch a short video or check out this how-to document. For best results, post updates and photos regularly and publicly thank your donors by tagging them in posts.
- Send a fundraising email to your contacts using the pre-made templates in your Participant Center.
Your participation in The Longest Day is essential to raising much needed awareness and critical funds to advance the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association. Together, our creativity and passion will raise vital funds and awareness for the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association®.
Learn more about The Longest Day online or by joining our local Facebook Group for this event.