New Year – New Light – New Hope – New Commitment to #ENDALZ!
Chances are you’ve been impacted by Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia or know someone who has. For that important reason, we’d love for you to make 2024 the year you join the fight and make a new commitment to ENDALZ!
The Longest Day is a fun, flexible way to join the fight. Participants in this do-it-yourself fundraiser, select an activity, and a time that is convenient for them, and create their own unique fundraisers to fuel the efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association. With your support, we are empowering and mobilizing our community to give all people access to early diagnosis, treatment and quality care throughout their journey.
We’re excited to host The Longest Day Kickoff Party on Thursday, February 8 from 6-7 PM to celebrate the start of a new season with fellow supporters from across our region. Whether you are a veteran of The Longest Day, a new participant in 2024 or someone considering getting involved — you don’t want to miss it!
Plan to join our live online event to:
- learn the latest news about Alzheimer’s and what’s on the horizon.
- hear plans, ideas and tips from a panel of local participants.
- get your creative juices flowing on ways to plan, promote, and raise funds for The Longest Day 2024.
- connect with your local staff partner to review and access key resources.
RSVP TODAY FOR THE KICKOFF
Registrants will be sent login info the week of the party. Please share this invitation with a friend or colleague who’d love to join you this season. All are welcome!
Let’s shine a light together.
The Longest Day is the day with the most light — the summer solstice. But you don’t have to wait until June to honor your loved one. Events honoring The Longest Day happen throughout the year, fueling our mission-related initiatives of care, support and research.
Help us fight the darkness of Alzheimer’s and raise awareness in your community through an activity of your choice. Maybe you could host a BBQ on the solstice and invite your friends to make a donation. Or you could host a fishing tournament or kareoke night. Some participants like to set an endurance goal of miles to walk, bike or swim. Others like to bake family recipes and sell delicious items for donations.
Whatever activity you have in mind, it's easy to get started.
- Register your activity at alz.org/tld. There are lots of activity ideas to choose from!
- Customize your webpage with a personal photo or story.
- Consider making a self-donation toward your fundraising efforts to demonstrate your own support.
- Get social and launch a Facebook fundraiser. This is one of the most effective ways that you can raise funds! For step-by-step instructions to setup your Facebook fundraiser, click here to watch a short video or check out this how-to document. For best results, post updates and photos regularly and publicly thank your donors by tagging them in posts.
- Send a fundraising email to your contacts using the pre-made templates in your Participant Center.
Want to chat about your idea? Email us at TLDsc@alz.org. We'd love to help you get started!
Together, our creativity and passion will raise vital funds and awareness for the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association®.
Learn more about The Longest Day online or by joining our local Facebook Group for this event.