The Longest Day is the day with the most light — the summer solstice. But you don’t have to wait until June to honor your loved one. No matter what time of year you participate in The Longest Day, your fundraising dollars fuel our mission-related initiatives of care, support and research.
Help us fight the darkness of Alzheimer’s and raise awareness in your community through an activity of your choice. Maybe you could host a BBQ on the solstice and invite your friends to make a donation. Or you could host a fishing tournament or kareoke night. Some participants like to set an endurance goal of miles to walk, bike or swim. Others like to bake family recipes and sell delicious items for donations.
Whatever activity you have in mind, it's easy to get started. Join the fun today!
- Register your activity at alz.org/tld. There are lots of activity ideas to choose from!
- Customize your webpage with a personal photo or story.
- Consider making a self-donation toward your fundraising efforts to demonstrate your own support.
- Get social and launch a Facebook fundraiser. This is one of the most effective ways that you can raise funds! For step-by-step instructions to setup your Facebook fundraiser, click here to watch a short video or check out this how-to document. For best results, post updates and photos regularly and publicly thank your donors by tagging them in posts.
- Send a fundraising email to your contacts using the pre-made templates in your Participant Center.
Want to chat about your idea? Email us at TLDsc@alz.org. We'd love to help you get started!
Together, our creativity and passion will raise vital funds and awareness for the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association®.
Learn more about The Longest Day online or by joining our local Facebook Group for this event.