Join the fight against Alzheimer’s disease by volunteering with the Alzheimer’s Association South Carolina Chapter. From planning an event to hosting a support group to providing office support, there are many ways to get involved!
Please read about our volunteer opportunities, and then let us know which roles best fit your interests. If you have questions, please call us at 800-272-3900 or email us at email@example.com.
Ways to get involved with programs & awareness
Deliver community education programs using prepared training materials on topics related to Alzheimer’s disease, other dementias and memory loss as well as information for individuals and families impacted by the disease.
Caregiver support group facilitator
Help facilitate support groups that provide emotional, educational and social support to those caring for someone living with Alzheimer’s or another dementia.
Early-stage dementia engagement facilitator
Help facilitate support groups or social engagement activities that offer dementia-related education, emotional support, and connections with resources so that group members may live their best life for as long as possible.
Physician outreach volunteer
Help establish relationships with clinical health providers by sharing information about our programs and services.
Speakers’ bureau volunteer
Provide presentations about Alzheimer’s, other dementias and memory loss as well as the Alzheimer's Association to audiences including senior centers, health fair attendees, community organizations, clubs, congregations and schools.
Find clinical trials through Alzheimer's Association TrialMatch®. This free, easy-to-use clinical studies matching service generates customized lists of studies based on user-provided information. You can easily see what studies you may qualify for.
Media or marketing volunteer
Do you have a background in public relations, marketing or media engagement? Put your skills to work to help raise awareness of the Alzheimer’s Association, our services and special events.
Assist in the many administrative tasks needed to keep our office running smoothly, including special projects, mailings, collating and copying.
Fill out our general volunteer interest form to tell us how you'd like to help!
Ways to get involved with special events
Special events volunteer
Assist with the planning and execution of special events for the Alzheimer's Association. Committee member tasks include recruiting team members, identifying sponsors, raising revenue, increasing awareness and implementing event activities. Day-of volunteers are also needed.
- Walk to End Alzheimer's® - our signature fundraising event each fall
- Select a walk location to view volunteer opportunities and submit a volunteer interest form:
- Aiken, SC - October 6, 2018
- Anderson, SC - September 22, 2018
- Bluffton, SC - October 27, 2018
- Charleston, SC - October 14, 2018
- Columbia, SC - November 3, 2018
- Greenville, SC - October 6, 2018
- Myrtle Beach, SC - October 27, 2018
- Rock Hill, SC - November 3, 2018
- Spartanburg, SC - October 20, 2018
- The Longest Day - a creative fundraising event on the summer solstice in June
- To learn more about volunteering with The Longest Day, please email tldSC@alz.org.
- A Ride to Remember - 3-day cross-state cycling event in July
- Please stay tuned for our website launch for A Ride to Remember 2019! Volunteer sign-ups will be available on the website. If you have questions in the meantime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways to get involved with advocacy
Be an advocate for state & federal policies
Help improve the quality of care and quality of life for people with Alzheimer’s disease and their families by carrying our message to elected officials at the federal, state and local levels. Communicate with elected officials via petitions, phone calls and other calls-to-action, participate in area events, and share your story. To learn more and get started, please fill out our advocacy volunteer interest form