The Longest Day is the day with the most light — the summer solstice. And it's the day the Alzheimer's Association calls on everyone to fight Alzheimer's disease by raising funds and awareness for care, support and research. Thousands of participants across the world will come together and stand up to the darkness of Alzheimer's through an activity of their choice.
Join The Longest Day Board to help recruit participants, provide coaching on fundraising and event planning, and spread the word about this exciting DIY-style fundraising event. We'll help you find a role that fits your interests, skills and schedule.
- Attend Committee Orientation
- Participate in regular monthly board meetings
- Register for a fundraising activity and recruit others to join you on The Longest Day
- Select a subcommittee that best fits your skills and interests: Recruitement, Engagement, or Marketing and Outreach
There are two ways for you to serve:
- The Longest Day Young ProfessionALZ Board is made up of volunteers, 40 and under. Currently, there are boards in both Nashville and Knoxville, though we hope to expand to other cities in Tennessee. You can apply to join here.
- The Longest Day Business ProfessionALZ Board is made up of volunteers, 40 and over. This Board is fully virtual and made up of members across the state of Tennessee. We are looking for volunteers to serve with us who come from a broad range of businesses and have strong connections to their local communities. You can apply to join here.
If you have questions or need more information, email Rebecca Williams
, Manager of The Longest Day.