The Longest Day is June 20, 2021. This unique event is held annually, on the day with the most light - the summer solstice. We chose the longest day of the year, to honor those living with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers, for whom every day is the longest day.
While The Longest Day is June 20th, participants host fundraisers throughtout the year.
Participants choose an activity they love and host a fundraising activity to raise valuable funds to support the mission.
Winter Fundraising Ideas
The winter months don't mean that fundraising comes to a stop. Check out a few creative ideas:
- Polar Plunge - Organize a socially distanced dive or take advantage of Facetime. Charge a registration fee or ask for donations.
- Shoveling Services - Shovel driveways and sidewalks for donations.
- Indoor-Run-A-Thon - Have participants log miles or minutes on their treadmill over a set period of time. Offer a prize for winners. Charge registration fee.
- Cookie Sale/Delivery - Offer to make cookies/desserts as a gift idea. Charge a fee for the "service."
- Snowman Building Competition - Charge a fee to enter vote online for best designs.
- Hot Cocoa station - Set up your stand at a sports game, winter event, or outside a local merchant (with permission). By the way, January 31 is National Hot Chocolate Day, so mark your calendars!
- Recipe Book - Create a Winter Recipe Favorites Book including all your cozy winter favorites and include stories and photos to make it personal. Ask friends and family to submit recipes too! Make it even easier and publish your creation as an e-book.
To find out more about The Longest Day in Wisconsin, contact or follow on Facebook
- Cari Josephson firstname.lastname@example.org (Northern WI)
- Kristin Ward email@example.com (Southern WI)
Thank you to Committee Members:
- Melissa Gloudeman
- Brooke Rozine
to find out more and register.