The Alzheimer's Association, West Virginia Chapter is taking advantage of an exciting opportunity to MOVE our Mission Forward, by relocating our Chapter Headquarters in Charleston. We have outgrown our current location at 1111 Lee Street East, and have the opportunity to relocate to a new office location that will more than double our current square footage. Despite doubling our square footage, we will maintain our current, low occupancy expenses.
New Office Address:
1601 2nd Ave
Charleston, WV 25387
(adjacent to Patrick Street Plaza)
Expected to Move-In Date:
Expanding Our Capacity to Serve
By relocating our Chapter headquarters we are expanding our capacity to serve! Here are a few of the benefits of our new office space:
- Caregiver Education & Training Center - our new location will include a large (50 - 60 people) multi-purpose space that will be dedicated to education and training. The space will allow us to host our education and training events onsite. Trainings will be targeted at family caregivers, professional caregivers and medical professionals.
- Private offices for 24/7 Education & Support Helpline (800.272.3900) staff.
- Family Care Consultation/Support Group Room - this room will double as a private meeting space for our Care Consultants to meet with large family groups to discuss treatment, care, coping with difficult Alzheimer's behaviors, improving communication and/or end of life decisions. We currently have no dedicated space for Care Conultations, and are constantly juggling available private space. This room will also be utilized as a support group room. The expanded space will allow us to expand the number of individuals we are able to host in our support group, as well as provide a more comfortable space than our current utilitarian conference room.
- Newly remodled, professional, ADA compliant office space for 8 staff members, plus additional ork space for interns and volunteers.
- A new and enhanced phone system.
- Dedicated and expanded storage for both program and development needs.
Help us MOVE our Mission Forward
We need your support to help MOVE our Mission Forward! We are seeking capitol support in the amount of $60,000 to assist us in this transition to avoid diverting critical resources from our supportive programs and services. Funds raised by a successful campaign will aid in our construction investment, assist in furnishing a state of the art education and training room, assist in furnishing the care consultation/support group room, and provide adequate sigange to direct individuals to our facility.
Any donation amount will be greatly appreciated! From a donation to cover one of the 60 chairs needed for our Education and Training Room to underwritting the cost of our support group room, your support is critical to moving our mission forward!
From the Ground Up: A Reception to Celebrate Moving our Mission Forward
March 29, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
1601 2nd Ave (our new office!)
Please join us as we show-off the great potential of our new office space! Our construction team will be wrapping up the remodeling and improvements, but we want to give you the opportunity to see our new space from the ground up. Light appetizers and drinks will be served!