MedicAlert® + Alzheimer's Association Safe Return®
MedicAlert® + Alzheimer's Association Safe Return® is a 24-hour nationwide emergency response service for individuals with Alzheimer's or a related dementia who wander or have a medical emergency. We provide 24-hour assistance, no matter when or where the person is reported missing.
Report a wandering incident:
- Call 911
- Then call 800.625.3780, MedicAlert + Safe Return's emergency response line
If an individual with Alzheimer's or a related dementia wanders and becomes lost, caregivers can call the 24-hour emergency response line (1.800.625.3780) to report it.
A community support network will be activated, including local Alzheimer Association chapters and law enforcement agencies, to help reunite the person who wandered with the caregiver or a family member. With this service, critical medical information will be provided to emergency responders when needed.
If a citizen or emergency personnel finds the person with dementia, they can call the toll-free number listed on person's MedicAlert + Safe Return ID jewelry. MedicAlert + Safe Return will notify the listed contacts, making sure the person is returned home.
MedicAlert + Safe Return provide an ID bracelet or pendant to be worn by the individual with dementia.
$55 + $7 shipping and handling, you receive an enrollment package including:
- Member's ID jewelry with personalized information and MedicAlert + Safe Return's 24-hour emergency toll-free number
- Personalized emergency wallet card
- 24-hour emergency response service
- Personal health record (PHR)
- Six Steps to a Safe Return magnet
(Optional) Add $35 for caregiver ID jewelry and membership
- Membership includes everything listed above
- The caregiver wears this worldwide-recognized ID jewelry to alert others that he or she provides care for a MedicAlert + Safe Return member, in case of an emergency
$35 annual renewal fee
An annual fee of $35 will be due after the first year for each membership.
There are four easy ways to join MedicAlert + Safe Return:
- Online: medicalert.org/safereturn
- Call: 1.888.572.8566
- Mail: Complete and mail in the enrollment form.
Enrollment Form: English | Spanish/Español | Chinese
Completed enrollment form and photos can be mailed to:
MedicAlert + Alzheimer's Association Safe Return
2323 Colorado Blvd.
Turlock, CA 95380
- Fax: Registration form to 1.800.863.3429
GPS Location Management Service
The Alzheimer's Association offers safety services that use GPS and cellular technology. Comfort Zone® and Comfort Zone Check-In® can help you manage a person's location. Comfort Zone includes MedicAlert + Safe Return.
Sign up for our e-newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the latest news and advances in Alzheimer's treatments, care and research. Get tips for living with Alzheimer's as well as simple ideas on how you can support the fight to end Alzheimer's.