MedicAlert® + Alzheimer's Association Safe Return®
MedicAlert® + Alzheimer's Association Safe Return® is a 24-hour nationwide emergency response service for individuals with Alzheimer's or a related dementia who wander or have a medical emergency. We provide 24-hour assistance, no matter when or where the person is reported missing.
Report a wandering incident:
- Call 911
- Then call 800.625.3780, MedicAlert + Safe Return's emergency response line
If an individual with Alzheimer's or a related dementia wanders and becomes lost, caregivers can call the 24-hour emergency response line (1.800.625.3780) to report it.
A community support network will be activated, including local Alzheimer Association chapters and law enforcement agencies, to help reunite the person who wandered with the caregiver or a family member. With this service, critical medical information will be provided to emergency responders when needed.
If a citizen or emergency personnel finds the person with dementia, they can call the toll-free number listed on person's MedicAlert + Safe Return ID jewelry. MedicAlert + Safe Return will notify the listed contacts, making sure the person is returned home.
MedicAlert + Safe Return provide an ID bracelet or pendant to be worn by the individual with dementia.
$55 + $7 shipping and handling, you receive an enrollment package including:
- Member's ID jewelry with personalized information and MedicAlert + Safe Return's 24-hour emergency toll-free number
- Personalized emergency wallet card
- 24-hour emergency response service
- Personal health record (PHR)
- Six Steps to a Safe Return magnet
(Optional) Add $35 for caregiver ID jewelry and membership
- Membership includes everything listed above
- The caregiver wears this worldwide-recognized ID jewelry to alert others that he or she provides care for a MedicAlert + Safe Return member, in case of an emergency
$35 annual renewal fee
An annual fee of $35 will be due after the first year for each membership.
There are four easy ways to join MedicAlert + Safe Return:
- Online: www.medicalert.org/safereturn
- Call: 1.888.572.8566
- Mail: Complete and mail in the enrollment form.
Enrollment Form: English | Spanish/Español | Chinese
Completed enrollment form and photos can be mailed to:
MedicAlert + Alzheimer's Association Safe Return
2323 Colorado Blvd.
Turlock, CA 95380
- Fax: Registration form to 1.800.863.3429
GPS Location Management Service
The Alzheimer's Association offers safety services that use GPS and cellular technology. Comfort Zone® and Comfort Zone Check-In® can help you manage a person's location. Comfort Zone includes MedicAlert + Safe Return.