Technology and Dementia Submissions
Authors may select from two presentation formats when submitting an abstract for the Technology and Dementia preconference, including:
Poster Presentation (individual)
- Grouped by topic.
- Accepted posters will be scheduled for presentation on Saturday, July 13, 2019.
- An author may be the presenting author on two posters.
- Poster format:
- Layout: landscape
- Inches: 91.5in (wide) x 45in (high)
- Meters: 2.3m (wide) x 1.1m (high)
We advise printing your poster slightly smaller than the dimensions above to allow room for the poster number. No audiovisual equipment is available for poster presentations. Push pins will be provided.
Oral Presentation (individual)
- 15 minutes per presentation.
- Accepted oral sessions will be scheduled for presentation on Saturday, July 13.
- A person may be the presenting author on one oral presentation.
- Submitted oral session abstracts that are not selected may be considered for a poster presentation.
Selection of a theme per abstract allows submitters to "self-identify" the area in which the abstract best fits. This identification is the first step in sorting abstracts for the planning committee, who will take this identification into consideration when creating sessions.
- Assistive Technology
- Caregiving support
- Smart homes/"Internet of things"
- Wearable sensors/mobile apps
- Clinical Applications
- Diagnosis/progression monitoring/population studies
- Digital technology for drug discovery/drug delivery
- Electronic health records/clinical technology
- Technology for precision medicine ETC.
- Barriers to translation/implementation/commercialization
- Big data/data analytics and data security
- Commercialization of research
- Lessons learned/biggest failures
- Cognitive assistance/lifestyle coaching/automation
- Human behavior analysis/longitudinal data/studies/evaluations
- Participatory design/co-design/user engagement in research
- Self-management by people with dementia
Abstract Submissions Now Open
The Scientific Program Committee is now accepting submissions for poster presentations, oral presentations and featured research sessions. Submission deadline is January 28. Need more time? Become an ISTAART member and extend your deadline until February 1.
Submit Your Abstract