The end to Alzheimer’s is going to take all of us. That’s why you’re invited to unite in the fight with us against Alzheimer’s this spring by kickstarting your fundraising for The Longest Day!
From February 16-28, you have a chance to earn this exclusive #ENDALZ hat by raising and/or self-donating $150+ as a registered participant for The Longest Day.
This special opportunity is only available through the end of February, so we encourage you to register and get started today to ensure you snag your cap! Even if your plans may not be taking place until closer to the summer solstice, now’s the perfect time to get the ball rolling.
Click here to register and begin the challenge!
Here’s some simple actions you can consider when working toward earning your hat:
- Customize your webpage with a personal photo or story. Pages with personalized information perform better than those that do not.
- Make a self-donation of any amount to your fundraising efforts.
- Get social and launch a Facebook fundraiser. For step-by-step instructions to setup your Facebook fundraiser, click here to watch a short video or check out this how-to document.
- Text your fundraising page URL to your network and invite them to support your efforts.
Your participation in The Longest Day is essential to raising much needed awareness and critical funds to advance the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association.
We hope you’ll register today for The Longest Day and use your creativity and passion for your own event to #ENDALZ!
Everyone's invited to The Longest Day Reunion on February 16, 2023!
Please join fellow supporters from across our region for a virtual gathering to kick off The Longest Day 2023 season.
Whether you are a veteran of The Longest Day (TLD), a new participant in 2023, or someone considering participating — our Reunion is the place to be! Our participants are the heart and soul of The Longest Day, and we can’t wait to celebrate the new event season with each of you!
The Longest Day Reunion
A rally for all who strive to outshine the darkness of Alzheimer’s.
Hosted by: Ramona Holloway, co-host of a nationally-syndicated radio show called “Matt & Ramona” and fellow fundraiser for The Longest Day
Join our virtual gathering on Thursday, February 16, from 6 PM to 7 PM, for the opportunity to:
- learn more breaking Alzheimer’s news and how your efforts are impacting the fight to end Alzheimer’s
- hear event plans, ideas and tips from a few local participants
- brainstorm with fellow participants in small break out sessions to get your creative juices flowing on ways to plan, promote, and raise funds for The Longest Day 2023
- connect with your local staff partner to review and access key resources
To sweeten the deal, all attendees will be entered for the opportunity to win a big Bag O’ ALZ Swag! Who doesn’t love free swag, right?
RSVP TODAY FOR THE REUNION
Registrants will be sent conferencing details prior to the date of the Reunion!
Got friends, family members or colleagues who might be interested? Pass this along!
We hope to see you there onscreen!
The Longest Day is the day with the most light — the summer solstice. But you don’t have to wait until June to honor your loved one. Events honoring The Longest Day happen throughout the year, fueling our mission-related initiatives of care, support and research.
Help us fight the darkness of Alzheimer’s and raise awareness in your community through an activity of your choice. Maybe you could host a BBQ on the solstice and invite your friends to make a donation. Or you could host a fishing tournament or kareoke night. Some participants like to set an endurance goal of miles to walk, bike or swim. Others like to bake family recipes and sell delicious items for donations.
Whatever activity you have in mind, it's easy to get started.
- Register your activity at alz.org/tld. There are lots of activity ideas to choose from!
- Customize your webpage with a personal photo or story.
- Consider making a self-donation toward your fundraising efforts to demonstrate your own support.
- Get social and launch a Facebook fundraiser. This is one of the most effective ways that you can raise funds! For step-by-step instructions to setup your Facebook fundraiser, click here to watch a short video or check out this how-to document. For best results, post updates and photos regularly and publicly thank your donors by tagging them in posts.
- Send a fundraising email to your contacts using the pre-made templates in your Participant Center.
Want to chat about your idea? Email us at TLDsc@alz.org. We'd love to help you get started!
Together, our creativity and passion will raise vital funds and awareness for the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association®.
Learn more about The Longest Day online or by joining our local Facebook Group for this event.