The Alzheimer’s Association Innovation Roundtable (AAIR) brings together innovators, champions, experts and thought leaders across the health care sector. Together, the AAIR will look for ways to reduce risk, improve early detection and increase access to evidence-based, person-centered care for those facing Alzheimer’s and all other dementia.
- Advise: Assess the state of health care in relation to dementia and identify areas of strategic need.
- Innovate: Generate recommendations, challenge assumptions and collaborate to bring novel products and solutions to market.
- Influence: Inspire buy-in and impact adoption of best practices in evidence-based, person-centered care across the health system spectrum.
Innovation and connection
The AAIR will reimagine the dementia care experience by taking a dual transformation view—strengthening today’s approaches while simultaneously creating tomorrow’s opportunities. Ways the AAIR will leverage collective strengths and entrepreneurial energy include:
- Impact-focused meetings: Facilitated innovation sessions, networking opportunities and collaboration with those affected by Alzheimer’s disease.
- Webinars: Member-exclusive and public webinars to share business intelligence and showcase thought leadership.
- Alzheimer’s Association Pitch Competition: Annual global innovation competition for startups to pitch technologies, products and solutions for innovations that increase cognitive assessment and early detection and diagnosis of Alzheimer’s and other dementia within primary care settings.
Alzheimer’s Association Pitch Competition
The 2022 competition received 48 submissions from 13 countries and selected five finalists—Accexible, ALZpath, AROMA Sensory Diagnostics & Therapeutics, Neurotrack and WellSaid.ai—to participate. Each finalist will pitch their innovation solution following the Alzheimer’s Association Innovation Roundtable on February 2, 2023, in Houston, Texas. The winning proposal will receive $15,000. Second and third place finishers will receive $5,000 each.
Learn more about the competition
, including benefits of participation and selection criteria.
Chief Program Officer, Alzheimer’s Association
Kyu Rhee, M.D.
Aetna Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President, CVS Health
Roundtable Specialty Advisory Group:
President and CEO, Kelsey Research Foundation, the non-research affiliate of Kelsey Seybold Clinic
Julie Broe Honore
Global Medical Director, Alzheimer’s Disease, Novo Nordisk
Head, Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Acadia
Dr. Jessie Fahrbach
Vice President, Global Medical Affairs, Neuroscience, Lilly
Vice President, Biogen
David S. Levin
Vice President of Neurology Business Group Strategy and Ecosystem Platform Strategy, Eisai
Greg Rippon, M.D.
Vice President and Chief Medical Partner, Neurology, Ophthalmology and Internal Medicine, Genentech
Nicolas Stine, M.D.
Senior Vice President for Population Health, CommonSpirit
Government Agency Partners:
Dr. Kelly Fegan Bohm
Medical Director, Community Health Improvement Division, Texas Department of State Health Services
Transformation Manager, MedStar Mobile Healthcare
For more information
For more information about the AAIR or how to join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org