Alzheimer's and Dementia Association International, also known as the Alzheimer’s Association, is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
We educate and raise awareness to grow understanding
- Our free education programs, available online and in person, feature information on the 10 warning signs of Alzheimer’s, living with the disease, caregiving, and healthy lifestyle choices for the brain and body.
- We provide health care professionals with reliable tools to diagnose Alzheimer’s and to educate people with the disease on available therapies and resources.
- alz.org® — the first stop for many newly facing a diagnosis — is a vast repository that includes information in 17 languages.
- Our far-reaching campaigns raise awareness about Alzheimer’s and the actions we can take together to fight it — and win.
Join the cause
- Volunteer with the Alzheimer’s Association. Plan an event, facilitate a support group or sign up for another opportunity to advance the cause.
- Advocate for those affected by Alzheimer’s and urge legislators to make the disease a national priority.
- Participate in Walk to End Alzheimer’s®, the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s disease care, support and research.
- Team up with the Association for The Longest Day®, a fundraising event held on the summer solstice. Participants do what they love to show their love for all those affected by Alzheimer’s.
- Donate to advance vital research and provide care and support programs.
- Register for Alzheimer’s Association TrialMatch®, a free, easy-to-use clinical studies matching service for individuals with Alzheimer’s, caregivers and healthy volunteers that generates customized lists of studies.