Please join us for our hybrid 2021 Greater Cincinnati Art of Making Memories on Thursday, May 13. We'll be connected through an inspirational virtual program, A Celebration of Hope, hosted by Local 12's Bob Herzog, which will include our guest of honor, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra conductor Louis Langrée, caregiver stories, and a special tribute to Joan Hock, long-time steward of the beloved Memories in the Making art program, and more.
Together, we'll celebrate another critical year in moving the mission of the Alzheimer's Association forward. As part of our family of supporters, we invite you to select one or more options to participate:
- Gather at home with family or friends on May 13 - our Making Memories package has everything you need to host, including brain-healthy dinner-by-the-bite specially created by eat well Celebrations and Feasts for two or more, wine curated by Hart & Cru, engraved stemless glasses, dessert and more. View the menu
- Packages include tickets to the VIP Art Preview May 7-9 at the Kennedy Heights Art Center. During the preview, art pieces created by participants in our Memories in the Making program will be on display with a select few available at reserve prices, in advance of the online auction.
- View the virtual program, A Celebration of Hope, starting at 7 p.m. on May 13. The program is free and open to all.
- Make a contribution in advance or during the live program to be part of fund-a-need. Watch in real time as we complete our white flower and move closer to finding the first survivor.
- Take part in the Premier and Silent auctions online, including the opportunity to bid on original artwork created by Memories in the Making participants.
Not sure yet how you want to give?
Register to view the auction and receive a link to the free virtual program
Join us for the VIP Art Preview at the Kennedy Heights Art Center
Available by special invitation for Making Memories supporters and Sponsors only
By supporting the Art of Making Memories through your purchase of a Making Memories package or sponsorship you and your guest(s) will receive a special invitation to the VIP Art Preview. The artwork from the Memories in the Making program will be displayed alongside artists’ personal stories. This beautiful artwork will be available for bid in the Art of Making Memories silent auction. A limited number of pieces will be available for a reserve price during the exclusive preview
. (Pieces not bid at or above the reserve price will be released to the silent auction following the gallery preview event
To provide a COVID safe experience, appointments will be required.
The Alzheimer’s Association Memories in the Making® program offers creative art expression for individuals with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and early to the middle stages of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
Memories in the Making participants create imaginative and colorful paintings, drawings, rubbings and more. Most have no prior art experience. The process provides an opportunity to engage socially and reminisce about meaningful life moments, individuals or personal interests. A trained facilitator walks participants through the steps and offers assistance when needed.
The program offers an emotionally safe environment with positive messages. It is designed to be fun but also serves as a communication tool for families and professional caregivers to learn more about the person with dementia.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
Mobile Bidding Sponsor
White Flower Sponsor
Audio Visual Sponsor
Official Printer Sponsor