In-person Dementia Conference at
Sleepy Hollow Conference Center
Thanks to everyone who attended and contributed to our sixth annual dementia conferece in person in Tarrytown on May 25, 2022. It was a great day and an excellent opportunity for people to network, find support and learn more about Alzheimer's and dementia-related subjects and services.
Please check back for some of the Powerpoint presentations used by speakers. Links will be posted here as they become available.
Dr. Claire Sexton
Director of Scientific Programs & Outreach for the Alzheimer’s Association
Breakfast/registration and exhibitors
Welcome by David Sobel, Executive Director of the Alzheimer's Association Hudson Valley Chapter, and Geri Brooks, Board Chair of the Board of Directors for the Hudson Valley Chapter
Keynote address by Dr. Claire Sexton
Break and exhibitors
11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Breakout 1: Understanding Medicare, Medicaid and Long-Term Care Insurance
. A panel discussion followed by a Q&A.
Each panelist will talk about a different topic:
Breakout 2: Family Dynamics in Dementia Care
- Mark Brownstein, of Emerald Medicare, a Medicare expert
- Vincent DeSantis, CLTC, is an independent licensed Long Term Care Solutions Advisor
- Colin Sandler, LCSW of Medicaid Solutions
Breakout 3: Communicating Creatively
- Presented by Gillian Rittmaster and Heidi Weiss of Westchester Jewish Community Services
Breakout 4: Dementia, Delirium and Depression
- Presented by Nettie Harper and Kelly Gilligan of Inspired Memory Care, Inc. (Session earns one Continuing Education Unit for social workers)
Breakout 5: Making Difficult Decisions
- Presented by Dr. Jason Cohen of Montefiore Center for Excellence in Alzheimer's Disease (CEAD)
- Presented by Vivian Green Korner, a dementia expert in private practice focusing on family caregiver issues.
12:45-1 p.m. Break and exhibitors
1-3 p.m. Lunch
1-2 p.m. Legal panel discussion featuring:
- Elizabeth Cronin, who will speak about Financial Abuse
- Frances Pantaleo, who will speak about The Need for Advanced Directives (health care proxy, Power of Attorney)
- Steven Schurkman, who will speak about
To Probate or Not to Probate — When to use a Will and when to use a Trust
2-2:15 p.m. Break, Networking, Exhibitors
2:15-2:45 p.m. Education Program: Healthy Living for your Brain and Body by Sally Zaifman-Kagan
2:45-3 p.m. Closing
Thank you to our sponsors
Hildegarde D. Becher Foundation, Inc.
* Should this event need to become virtual, all registration fees will be refunded.*
Check out our 2020 Virtual Conference
Click here to view videos from the conference, slides and more.