Based on the guidance from local public health agencies, the Alzheimer’s Association, Long Island Chapter has moved its free education programs from in-person gatherings to an easy-to-use online meeting system.
These programs, offered free of charge, information on topics including the signs of Alzheimer’s disease, diagnosis, communication, living with Alzheimer’s and caregiving techniques.
To register for a program and receive instructions for how to join the session, call 800.272.3900 or click the link for the program.
- Feb. 23, 6-7 p.m.: Cuerpo y Cerebro Sano es Vida Sana. Presentado en español.
- Feb. 24, 1-2 p.m.: Understanding Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Feb. 24, 3-4 p.m.: Healthy Living for Your Brain and Body: Tips from the Latest Research
- March 2, Noon to 1:30 p.m.: Living with Alzheimer's Disease: For Middle-Stage Caegivers (Part 1)
- March 3, 11 a.m. to noon: 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer's
- 5 de marzo, noon to 1 p.m.: Información para entender la enfermedad de Alzheimer y la demencia
- March 7, 1-2 p.m. Community Forum for Holy Cross Lutheran Church, the Ronkonkoma community
- March 9, noon to 12:30 p.m.: Living with Alzheimer's for Middle-Stage Caregivers (part 2)
- March 10, 2-3 p.m.: Healthy Living for your Brain and Body
- 10 de marzo, 6-7 p.m.: Cuerpo y Sano es Vida Sana
- March 11, 11 a.m. to noon: Virtual Wellness Fair.
- March 12, noon to 1 p.m.: Dementia Conversations
- March 15, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Legal and Financial Conference (Day 1)
- March 16, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Legal and Financial Conference (Day 2)
- 17 de marzo, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Conferencia de Planificación Legal y Financiera (Día 3 en Español)
- March 17, 6-7 p.m.: Effective Communication Strategies
- March 18, noon to 1 p.m.: 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer's
- March 22, 7-8 p.m.: Healthy Living for your Brain and Body
- March 23, noon to 1 p.m.: Living with Alzheimer's: For Middle-Stage Caregivers (Part 3)
- March 23, 6-7 p.m.: Understanding and Responding to Dementia-Related Behavior
- March 24: 3:30-5 p.m.: Living with Alzheimer's for People with Younger Onset Dementia
- March 31, 1-2 p.m.: Understanding Alzheimer's and Dementia