Build a support system with people who understand.
As a caregiver, you likely have many responsibilities. It is important to take care of your own well-being and to connect with others that understand.
Alzheimer’s Association® caregiver support groups, conducted by trained facilitators, are a safe place for caregivers, family and friends of persons with dementia to:
- Develop a support system
- Exchange practical information on caregiving challenges & possible solutions
- Talk through issues and ways of coping
- Share feelings, needs and concerns
- Learn about community resources
Caregiver Support Groups
15290 Huebner, San Antonio, TX 78231
- Second Wednesdays from: 10:00 am to 11:30am (CST) -- VIA ZOOM
- Fourth Wednesdays from 10:00 am to 11:30am -- IN PERSON
To attend this support group call: Cindy Robles at 210-254-1489 or
Franklin Park Alamo Heights
230 W. Sunset Road, San Antonio
- 3rd Monday of each month from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Light lunch will be provided
To register, call Franklin Park at 210.796.4205 or call the helpline at 800.272.3900.
The Haven & The Laurels in Stone Oak
575 Knights Cross, San Antonio, TX 78252
- 3rd Tuesday of every month from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Light lunch will be provided.
To register, call The Laurels at 210.404.2687 or call the helpline at 800.272.3900.
LGBTQ+ Caregiver Support Group
The Center - Pride Center San Antonio
Metropolitan Professional Building
1303 McCullough Ave #160, San Antonio, TX 78212
- 4th Monday of each month from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
To register and for more information call 800.272.3900
Virtual Caregiver Support Groups
Grace Place San Antonio Support Group
- Every 2nd Saturday of the month from 10 am to 11 am (online event only; join by video or phone)
- Every 2nd Friday of the month from 12 pm to 1:00 pm (online event only; join by video or phone)
To register and receive instructions on how to register and access the group please call 800.272.3900. Ask to register for the Grace Place San Antonio Support Group.
Visit alz.org/CRF to explore additional programs in your area or contact the Helpline 1.800.272.3900, available 24/7 to RSVP.