Are you interested in getting more involved in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease? The Alzheimer’s Association is always looking for passionate volunteers to help in a variety of ways:
- Join hundreds of thousands of voices as an Advocate
- Advance research by creating a Trial Match profile
- Educate the community by joining our Speaker’s Bureau
- Raise awareness by volunteering at Health Fairs
- Join the Walk to End Alzheimer’s Planning Committee
- Create a Team for The Longest Day
- Host a third-party fundraiser
Galveston/Bay Area Early-Stage Social Engagement Programs
Recently diagnosed with memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer’s? The Alzheimer’s Association is partnering with Moody Gardens and Space Center Houston to offer two unique programs designed specifically for those experiencing early memory loss and a care partner.
These social engagement programs are a great opportunity for individuals with early-stage dementia to connect with others in a similar situation. A friend, family member, or care partner should attend as well and will have the opportunity to share a meaningful experience as well as connect with others.
Request an Education Program at your Workplace, Church, or Club!
Did you know that the Alzheimer’s Association provides free community education programs? You can request a speaker to present on a variety of topics:
- The Basics of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Know the 10 Warning Signs: Early Detection Matters
- Living with Alzheimer’s Disease (Early, Mid, and Late Stage)
- Legal & Financial Issues Related to Dementia
- Effective Communication Strategies
- Healthy Living for your Brain and Body
- Understanding and Responding to Dementia Related Behavior
To register or for more information:
Contact Stephanie Fitzgerald, Galveston Bay Area Regional Manager
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 800.272.3900