The Alzheimer's Association Central Ohio Chapter offers various tools and resources to support those impacted by Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
We offer a variety of support groups for all individuals affected by Alzheimer’s disease. Groups are facilitated by trained volunteers. Groups are available for particular types of caregivers including Adult Children, Younger Onset, and Lewy Body dementia.
The Alzheimer's Association free Helpline
operates 24-hours a day, seven days a week, in 140 languages. Our staff is highly trained and knowledgeable about all aspects of Alzheimer's disease. Call us at 1.800.272.3900 if you have questions about:
- Alzheimer's disease or memory loss, medications and treatment options, brain health care options
- How the Association can help you
- Caregiving tips and respite care options
- Available educational materials for you to learn more about Alzheimer's disease
- Services available in your community and referrals
You can also call us for emotional support -- as often as you need. We know living with Alzheimer's can be overwhelming at times. Remember, we are here for you -- all day, every day.
Our Caregiver Consultation Program is designed to help people navigate the difficult decisions and uncertainties people with Alzheimer’s and their families face at every stage of the disease. We can provide care consultation services to you by telephone or video conferencing These include:
- Assessment of needs
- Assistance with care planning and problem solving
- Safety Protocols
- Stress Reduction
Contact us for more information at
(614) 457-6003 and ask to speak to a Care Consultant.
ALZConnected® is a free online community for everyone affected by Alzheimer’s or another dementia, including people with the disease and their caregivers, friends, family members and neighbors, as well as those who have lost someone to the disease.