THANK YOU for your interest in volunteering with us at the Massachusetts / New Hampshire Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association! We are so grateful for our volunteers and the work they do to keep our mission moving forward.
Between family support programs, fundraising events, public policy, internships and general office and administrative needs, there are many ways in which you can volunteer your time! Please see below for a full list of opportunities, and click on the ones that interest you - you'll be taken to an application page.
Volunteering at chapter special events:
- Walk to End Alzheimer's - 12 Walk events in September and October in MA and NH (Volunteer Leadership Committee, event day support, phone banks, office support, warehouse organizing and packing)
- The Longest Day - Do-It-Yourself fundraising events across the chapter throughout the summer (Volunteer Leadership Committee, phone banks, office support)
- Team End Alz - Marathon, Half-marathon, road races and triathlons throughout the year (Volunteer Leadership Committee, water stops at training runs, race day cheer stations)
- Ride to End Alzheimer's - Cycling event with 100, 62, and 30 mile routes in June in Hampton, NH (Volunteer Leadership Committee, event day support, phone banks, office support, warehouse organizing and packing)
- Eat. Drink. End Alz - Three dinner events in the spring in Seacoast Area NH, Worcester, and South Shore MA featuring local chefs (Volunteer Leadership Committee, Chef/Restaurant owner)
- Young Professionalz - Young professionals age 21-40 who hold regular social gatherings to plan and promote events to support our mission (Volunteer Leadership Committee, new members, event day support)
- RivALZ flag football (Boston, MA)
Volunteering as a political advocate:
Helping families directly:
- If you're interested in facilitating support groups, delivering education programs, or hosting social engagements for those living with early-stage Alzheimer's (and their families), consider applying to be a Program Volunteer. Please visit our special Program Volunteers Portal to learn more and apply.
Day of service (group volunteering):
- If your company, school, or organization is interested in scheduling a day of service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to have you!
I'm not sure what I want to do!
- If you're not sure, or if you're interested in multiple opportunities, just email email@example.com. A chapter staff person will follow up to help you select a volunteer role that works best for you.
Learn more about non-profit management, events or social work with a hands-on internship with the Alzheimer's Association. Internships are unpaid but offer a valuable learning experience for any college student looking to work in the non-profit sector. We offer internships during the Fall (September - December), Winter/Spring (January - May), and Summer (May - August) semesters. Minimum commitment of 10-12 hours per week. Please contact Tom Leckrone (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.