Caring for a person with Alzheimer's disease or other dementia is a life-encompassing experience that spans generations. Everyone has a role: spouses, siblings, children and friends can each play a part.
Care consultations from the Alzheimer's Association are more than just a meeting with a dementia expert. Our team works with you to navigate difficult caregiving decisions and family issues, assess current needs, and anticipate future care challenges.
Care consultations are different for everyone but can include:
- Education about Alzheimer’s and treatment options
- Development of a care plan
- Safety assessment and planning
- Assistance with finding resources in the community
- Understanding and managing legal and financial issues
- Addressing caregiver stress and developing self-care strategies
The service is free and available in Chinese, English, Haitian-Creole, Russian, and Spanish.
Want to schedule a care consultation?
Call us at 646.418.4466 or 800.272.3900 or email email@example.com.