"Walk to End Alzheimer’s has given our firm a nationwide cause that provides all employees an opportunity to truly make a difference and has also created a compelling and caring corporate culture."
Glenn Friedman, CEO
Prager Metis CPAs, LLC
On the frontlines of a wide range of financial matters, CPAs often see the early warning signs of Alzheimer’s
. With the Alzheimer’s Association, the most trusted source for accurate and up-to-date information on Alzheimer's and all other dementia, accountants can build a more holistic relationship with their clients by providing greatly needed support to their clients and family members in need.
The Alzheimer's Association Accounting Industry Leadership Council (AILC) is a dedicated group of accounting firms
(PDF), with a lead representative, that provides an opportunity for their firm and clients to participate in the Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s®
, the world's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
About the AILC
The Alzheimer’s Association Accounting Industry Leadership Council provides ideas, best practices and support to the development of sustainable corporate relationships within their company, primarily through the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, that can accomplish the following objectives:
- Increase revenue to accelerate mission success.
- Increase Alzheimer’s Association brand/mission awareness.
- Increase access to care and support for people living with the disease, their caregivers, families and loved ones.
Held annually in more than 600 communities nationwide, Walk to End Alzheimer’s calls on participants of all ages and abilities to join the fight against the disease. Wherever a firm has offices, there is a local Walk in the community.
Join the AILC
Members of the Accounting Industry Leadership Council can expect:
- Monthly communications about employee engagement opportunities and priority Alzheimer’s Association mission and research updates.
- Quarterly conference calls with Association leadership.
- An introduction to your local Association chapter to enhance community and volunteer engagement for you and your firm.
- Interactions with like-minded CPAs across the country that support philanthropy while creating awareness for you and your firm.
Key criteria for AILC members:
- A deep interest and passion for the work and mission of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- An influential leader within the accounting industry.
- A willingness to engage colleagues, friends and family in support of the Association and the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
To discuss having your CPA firm join the Accounting Industry Leadership Council, please contact:
Director of Corporate Initiatives, Alzheimer's Association
Where clients can turn
We have resources for your clients facing Alzheimer's or another dementia: