Developed for professional care providers of individuals living with dementia, Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ® is an online, individual certification program that provides recognition for knowledge of quality dementia care practices.
The essentiALZ exam tests understanding of evidence-based dementia care practices that are outlined in the nationally recognized Alzheimer’s Association Dementia Care Practice Recommendations.
Participants become essentiALZ-certified by completing dementia care training and the Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ online certification exam, which focuses on basic dementia care practices.
For more information, complete our contact form.
How to get certified
Become essentiALZ-certified by completing the training opportunity below.
- CARES® online dementia trainings offered by HealthCare Interactive® provide a person-centered, easy-to-remember approach to caring for individuals living with dementia.
Participants who become essentiALZ-certified have the opportunity to learn techniques and evidence-based practices to help manage behavior and provide person-centered dementia care.
Upon successful completion of an approved dementia care course and an essentiALZ certification exam, you will receive your essentiALZ certification. As an essentiALZ-certified care provider, feel confident that you are equipped with knowledge and techniques from leaders in the dementia care field.
Individual recognition tips
- Print and display your certificate.
- Add essentiALZ certification to your resume.
Company recognition tips
- Recognize essentiALZ-certified employees in your company newsletter.
- Create an ‘honor roll’ to celebrate employees who are essentiALZ-certified.
- Review Company Communication Guidelines (PDF).
If you have completed an online dementia training program and are attempting to take your essentiALZ certification exam, please read these important instructions