"I have seen firsthand how the contributions of a single person or a single company can deeply impact the important work of the Association."
Jordan Siev, Partner
Reed Smith, New York
A diagnosis of Alzheimer's or another dementia is a devastating event, not only for the person living with the disease, but for his or her loved ones. Attorneys, particularly those whose practice areas focus on elder care, estate planning and litigation and dispute resolution, are often the first phone call the family makes for advice on such matters as health care proxies, power of attorney, living wills and guardianship.
The Alzheimer's Association Legal Industry Leadership Council (LILC) is a dedicated group of law firms
(PDF), with a lead member, that offers an opportunity for firms, lawyers and clients to access Association care and support resources.
About the LILC
The LILC provides member firms with the most trusted source of accurate and up-to-date information for their clients and family members about Alzheimer's and all other dementia. It also offers ideas, best practices and support to the development of sustainable corporate relationships within member firms, as well as employee engagement opportunities to participate in the Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's® — the world's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer's care, support and research — to accomplish these objectives:
- Accelerate the success of the Alzheimer's Association mission by generating donations.
- Increase Association brand and mission awareness.
- Increase access to care and support for people living with the disease and their caregivers, families and loved ones.
Held annually in more than 600 communities nationwide, Walk to End Alzheimer's calls on participants of all ages and abilities to join the fight against the disease. Wherever a firm has offices, there is a local Walk in the community.
Join the LILC
"Together, we can support affected families, facilitate early diagnosis and intervention and slow the onset of this terrible disease."
David Crass, Managing Partner
Michael Best, Washington, D.C.
Members of the Legal Industry Leadership Council can expect:
- Monthly emails from the Association to support their efforts.
- Quarterly calls with Association leadership.
- An invitation to attend the Alzheimer's Association Volunteer Leadership Summit each January.
- Interactions with like-minded attorneys across the country that support philanthropy while creating brand awareness for you and your firm.
Key criteria for LILC members:
- A deep interest and passion for the work and mission of the Alzheimer's Association.
- Function as an influential leader within the legal industry.
- A willingness to engage colleagues, friends and family in support of the Association.
To discuss having your law firm join the Legal Industry Leadership Council, please contact:
Director of Corporate Initiatives, Alzheimer's Association
Where clients can turn
We have resources for your clients facing Alzheimer's or another dementia: